Pomegranate, raspberry & wild orange chocolate bark
This is great snack to have on hand that shouldn’t have you reaching for too much more. A slither or two is usually enough to give you that bitter sweet feeling. With the extra punch of sour pomegranate and kick of cayenne, this one’s sure to be a crowd pleaser. Makes about 450 grams.
250 grams organic dark chocolate, roughly chopped
50 grams cacao butter, roughly chopped
Pinch cayenne pepper
½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
½ cup pomegranate seeds
½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries, chopped
6 drops wild orange essential oil (food grade)
Murray River salt
- Line a flan tin with with parchment paper.
- Place a stainless steel or glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water.
- Add chocolate and cacao butter.
- Whisk gently until melted.
- Fold in cayenne and pecans.
- Spread the chocolate mixture in to the lined flan tin.
- Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, smooth over and spread thin.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, raspberries.
- Add a few drops of wild orange oil and Murray River salt.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, lift out of the flan tray.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Next class September 18 2016 small group cooking class using food as medicine in Byron Bay. $195 5 spaces left Shop Now