Easter fig and nut loaf
Here’s a healthy twist on Easter made easy with the Bakery Boss. This is a soft, fragrant, gluten free loaf, bursting with the scent of dried figs, vanilla and crunchy nuts. I served it with pink pepper and marinated feta.
Makes 1 large loaf using an 18cm Le Creuset Rectangular Bakers Stoneware Dish
Prep 20 minutes / Cook 60-75 minutes
Gluten free, refined sugar free, Paleo
1 cup chia seeds
2 cups water
1 cup dried figs, finely sliced
1 cup dried fruit – e.g. currants, cranberries
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
1 dessertspoon vanilla paste
½ teaspoon cinnamon
4 large eggs
1 cup almonds
1 cup hazelnuts
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
¼ cup coconut flakes
¼ cup hazelnuts
1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Preheat fan forced oven to 150°C. Line an 18cm rectangular baking dish with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add chia seeds and 2 cups water. Soak for 10 minutes. Stir briefly and soak until ready to use in step 7.
- Meanwhile place figs, currants, vinegar, water, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large saucepan. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- In the Breville Bakery Boss bowl, place eggs and slowly turn the mixer to CREAMING/BEATING setting and beat for 1 minute.
- In the Breville Kitchen Wizz® Pro place almonds and PULSE into almond meal. Transfer to Bakery Boss with beaten eggs.
- In the Breville Kitchen Wizz® Pro place hazelnuts and PULSE until roughly chopped. Transfer ¾ cup to Bakery Boss. Reserve remainder for topping.
- Add almond meal, hazelnuts, bicarb soda and soaked chia mix to the Breville Bakery Boss. Reduce speed to FOLDING/KNEADING.
- Fold in cooled fig mixture on FOLDING/KNEADING speed and fold in for 1 minute.
- Carefully pour mixture into lined baking dish. Scatter coconut flakes, chopped hazelnuts and cacao nibs over the top. Press down gently.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes. Test with a skewer. Bake longer if required. Allow to cool slightly before serving to firm. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Melbourne Masterclass April 30SHOP NOW
Byron Bay Cooking Class April 23SHOP NOW