Luscious lemon curd
This quick and easy recipe will have your gang begging for more. Take the time to make it by hand in a heavy based copper pot and whisk gently, just like a culinary meditation for about 10 minutes until it is creamy and glossy. Transfer to sterilised jars and chill when cool. Serve with an orange and almond cake, fruit toast, mince pies, a hot Chrissy pud or your favourite raw dessert.
3 organic eggs, at room temperature
1 lemon, juice and zest
2 tablespoons raw organic honey
6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- In a very clean saucepan, whisk eggs, lemon zest and juice, honey and coconut oil.
- Continue whisking over a low-moderate.
- Heat until the mixture thickens into a glossy curd.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Allow to cool and set a little before refrigerating.
In the Thermomix
- Place TM Butterfly in the TM bowl.
- Place eggs, lemon zest and juice and honey onto the TM bowl.
- Set timer to 5 mins and temperature to 60 C.
- Place lid and whisk at speed 1-2 for 2 mins.
- Add melted coconut oil and continue to whisk for remaining 3 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve and allow to cool.
- Allow to cool and set before refrigerating.
- Use within 3-5 days.