Vanilla poached pears in red wine
Here’s a lovely pear to warm your heart, ignite your agni and tickle your tummy with a whole lot of Byron Bay goodness. This photo shoot with Nelly le Comte was generated to capture the colours of autumn.
4 organic pears
250 ml water
250 ml red wine
100 g coconut sugar
1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
2 star anise
1 cinnamon quill
- Place pears snugly in a medium-sized, heavy based saucepan.
- Add water, wine, coconut sugar, vanilla, star anise and cinnamon quill.
- Make sure there is enough water to cover the fruit.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Take care not to boil the fruit.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Carefully remove fruit and strain cooking syrup over.
- Serve with my coconut yoghurt or a frosty treat of your choice!