Sauces & Dressings
Here are a few favourite condiments, sauces and dressings from my spa food files.
Macadamia satay sauce
½ cup macadamia nuts , ground to fine meal
1 cup coconut milk
Juice of lime
1 tsp chilli puree
½ knob ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon tamarind paste
• Process in blender until smooth.
1 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoons macadamia oil
Chinese cooking wine
1 teaspoon chilli puree
1 clove garlic, finely grated
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Add Combine all ingredients.
Honey Mustard Dressing
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon stoneground organic mustard
2 teaspoons raw organic honey
• Whisk together all ingredients.
• Alternately place in a blender and combine well.
1 cup basil leaves
1/2 cup roasted sunflower and/or pepita seeds
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons macadamia oil
1 cup water
• In a food processor, combine basil with seeds and garlic.
• Add oil slowly and make into paste by adding more oil as required.
• Season with salt.
500 grams long red banana chilli (seeds removed)
1 tablespoon Brookfarm Lime and Chilli macadamia oil
• Combine both ingredients in a food processor.
• Blitz until smooth.
• Transfer to a storage container and cover with a little oil to prevent oxidation.
• Refrigerate for up to 10 days.
Gomasio is the principal table condiment in the Macrobiotic way of a natural foods diet. Use it in lieu of salt to season your food at the table, giving a hearty delicious taste. Gomasio also functions as a medicine in itself, due to its powerful ant-acid biochemical effect. It strengthens digestion and improves energy immediately.
1/4 cup black sesame seeds 1 teaspoon organic salt
1/4 cup dulse flakes
• Place seeds in a clean, dry, frying pan and toast on low heat, stirring often until they start to pop.
• In a mortar and pestle or coffee grinder, combine salt, seeds and dulse.