Sunday frittata of bacon, tomato and basil
This dish is always a hit and great fodder before a morning in the surf or an even better protein boost afterwards or as a tasty snack throughout the day. Always better the next day it will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
1 tablespoon macadamia oil
2 onions, peeled, finely sliced
5 bacon rashers, roughly chopped. I prefer Voodoo Bacon
3 sprigs fresh rosemary, stalks removed, finely chopped
Cracked black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 tomato, finely sliced
3/4 cup shaved Parmesan
Handful of finely chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Heat macadamia oil in a large pan over a medium heat
- Add onion and bacon and cook until the onion is golden (about 5 to 6 minutes)
- Transfer cooked onion and bacon to lined baking dish
- Allow to cool
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs with salt and pepper
- Pour over the bacon and onion
- Top frittata with chopped basil, sliced tomato and Parmesan
- Bake until eggs have set and frittata is cooked through, about 30-40 minutes
- Or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean