Breakfast with Betty – Corn fritters
Here’s a quick and easy Mother’s Day recipe you can whip up in a flash, just as long as you have Black Betty Bam on hand.
2 ears corn, husks off, kernels removed – about 1.5 cups. See image below for the safest way!
2 spring onions, roughly chopped
¼ cup parsley
1 cup plain or GF flour
1 teaspoon bicarb soda (aluminium free)
1 teaspoon Olsson’s Smoked Salt – or your favourite flavour
Pinch chilli powder, more if you like
1 tablespoon macadamia oil I use this brand
¼ cup spinach, sautéed or fresh
1 teaspoon Black Betty Bam
Micro herbs and flowers
Lime or finger lime
- In a food processor place ¾ of the corn kernels.
- Add remaining ingredients and process for 1 minute, do not overwork.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in remaining corn kernels.
- Heat oil in a small skillet until very hot but not smoking.
- Pour in the batter and fry on a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Flip and brown other side until cooked through – about 4 minutes in total.
- Turn out onto a paper towel. Repeat until batter is finished.
- Plate up each fritter with a smear of Black Betty Bam, top with spinach.
- Garnish with herbs, flowers, lime and/or pomegranate.
- Serve warm.