Brookfarm granola fruit flan
Hello Sunday morning vibes for a steamy summer’s day after a welcome rain shower. Here’s a stunning Brookfarm Granola brunch flan for you to make weekend cooking a breeze and it’s a great way to use the versatile breakfast goodies made by the sun right here in lush Byron Bay.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: Set 2 hours +
- Total Time: 45 minute
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Brookfarm
- Diet: Gluten Free
2 cups Brookfarm Granola
½ cup coconut oil, melted
6 dates, pitted
1 cup Brookfarm Granola for flan edge
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup yoghurt, ricotta or soft white cheese of your choice
2 cups mixed summer fruit, chopped (nectarines, peaches, berries, passionfruit, pomegranate)
¼ cup small fresh mint leaves, picked over for garnish
- Line a flan tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor, blitz Brookfarm Granola, coconut oil and pitted dates and salt until the mix resembles rough breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the mix to the centre of the flan tine and press up to the edge of the tin.
- Mix the additional 1 cup Brookfarm Granola with maple syrup
- Press around the edges to create a thicker crust than the base.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-12 hours to set.
- When set, spread yoghurt, ricotta or soft white cheese of your choice over the base.
- Top with fresh fruit and serve immediately.
Images Nelly le Comte