This delicious cake is a winner and super easy for the kids to make with you. Our friends at Brookfarm are a leading Australian gourmet food producer committed to sustainable agriculture and premium food production. “It starts on the family farm” with their prized macadamias, Australia’s indigenous nut. Their passion is to produce the highest quality real food and to make a difference to the community and environment.Print
Orange Macadamia Cake
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40-45 mins
- Total Time: 7 minute
- Yield: Serves: 8-10
- Category: Cake
- Cuisine: Byron Bay
250 grams caster sugar + extra for dusting
1 cup almond milk
½ cup Brookfarm Premium Macadamia Oil
1 orange, zest only
300 grams plain flour + extra for dusting
1 teaspoon powdered yeast
½ cup Brookfarm Brothers Blend Entertainer roughly chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 180 fan forced, 200 C.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until they turn white.
- Add the milk, Brookfarm Premium Macadamia Oil and orange zest.
- Sift flour and yeast together and add to the mixture slowly to combine.
- Fold in Brother’s Blend Entertainer
- Brush a 20 cm round, plain or fluted cake tin with Brookfarm Premium Macadamia Oil and dust with sugar and flour. Pour in the mix.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 – 45 minutes. Test with a skewer.
- Remove from the oven, turn out onto a rack and let cool thoroughly.
Keywords: Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40-45 mins Serves: 8-10 | Yields : 1 cake