Carrots with Black Betty Butter
Here’s an easy side dish for any roast or simply on its own.
Glazed carrots with Black Betty Bam butter.
Serves 4 | Prep 20 minutes | Cook 40 minutes
4 medium carrots, peeled, sliced in half, lengthwise
1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
2 tsp Brookfarm macadamia oil
½ orange, juice and zest
1 tsp pink peppercorns, crushed or cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place carrots on baking tray. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup or honey, orange juice, zest and macadamia oil.
4. Brush carrots with honey glaze mix. Scatter crushed pink peppercorns or cracked black pepper.
5. Season with salt and sage and bake 40 minutes until tender.
Black Betty Bam Butter
A rich umami flavour bomb for all your festive meats and plant-based treats!
4 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
2 Tbsp Black Betty Bam
1. Cream the butter and Black Betty Bam together with a fork.
2. Spoon into a ramekin for immediate use or
3. Roll into a log in plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze for cutting into slices later.