Cobia with seaweed & miso butter
Cobia with seaweed and glossy miso butter
4 x 100 grams fillets cobia
1 teaspoon macadamia oil
3 tablespoons mirin
3 tablespoons white wine
1/3 cup coconut sugar
½ cup white miso
1 tablespoon butter, cubed
For the fish
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place fish fillets skin side up.
- Drizzle lightly with macadamia oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes tender and moist underneath.
For the dressing
- In a heavy based small saucepan, combine mirin, white wine and sugar.
- Whisk over a low heat and the sugar has dissolved.
- Slowly whisk in miso paste, ensuring it does not boil.
- Then add the butter, whisking gently to form a rich and glossy sauce.
- Remove from direct heat and keep warm.
Seaweed, sprouts and buckwheat
1 teaspoon wakame seaweed, soaked, drained, patted dry
1 teaspoon ogo nori seaweed, soaked, drained, patted dry
½ cup sunflower sprouts
¼ red capsicum, seeded, de-ribbed, cut into very fine julienne
1 tablespoon buckwheat kernels, (soaked, cooked or activated)
2 teaspoons macadamia oil
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Toss well.
Pickled red ginger
- Divide the salad and place on one large serving platter or individual serving plates.
- Place the crispy skinned fish in the centre of the plate.
- Spoon the warm miso butter dressing alongside fish.
- Garnish with pickled ginger strips and edible flowers.