Nigella sativa to the rescue for antiviral protection & restoration for the lungs and other airway disorders may help to reduce headache, infection, inflammation, hypertension, and digestive tract-related problems.
- Soak two tbsp. of black cumin seeds in a tall glass of water overnight, strain and drink with the juice of half a lemon or a pinch of cinnamon.
Here’s what to do with a pesky cold or flu.
- Go home. Rest. Sleep! Put your feet up, you’re worth it!
- Drink lots of fluids – coconut water, herbal tea, bone broth, lemon and hot water
- Avoid sugar – in all forms, dried fruit, cane sugar, maple, agave – and avoid the grog
- Supplement with Vitamin C, Echinacea and Zinc. Continue for up to 5 days after the symptoms resolve
- Get on that ginger and/or turmeric train
- Sweat it out
- Prevention is better than cure.
How long does it take to produce an antibody?
Antibody production enhances immunity when next in contact with that infection.
It takes 5 days to produce an antibody to an infection.
To prevent colds or flu in the first place look after your immunity
- Eat breakfast
- Exercise moderately
- Manage your stress, and look after yourself in times of greater stress
- Enjoy your hobbies and pastimes
- Work moderate hours
- Cultivate a positive mental attitude
- Eat a well balanced diet with immune enhancing foods such as garlic, vegetables and fruit