Consorcio Jamón Serrano is an association of Spanish business that represents the leading brands of Serrano Ham.Print
Crispy skin barramundi with Jamón Serrano
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2
- Diet: Diabetic
Consorcio Jamón Serrano is an association of Spanish business that represents the leading brands of Serrano Ham.
2 barramundi fillets, skin on
½ tablespoon olive oil
2–3 slices Jamón Serrano, cut into strips
1 tablespoon butter
1 lemon, juice of
- Allow fish to come to room temperature before cooking. Season fish with salt.
- Place a large heavy-based fry pan on a medium–high heat. Add barramundi and skin side down and press and hold down with a stainless steel spatula to prevent skin from curling while the fish fillets are contracting from the heat – about 3 minutes.
- When the fish has settled, release fish and remove utensil, and continue to cook for about 3 minutes. Flip carefully with the spatula and cook flesh side down a further 3 minutes depending on thickness of the fish.
- Remove fish from pan, keep warm. Add the centre of the pear leftover from making the salad below. Warm through to collect the caramelisation from cooking the fish. Add Jamón Serrano, sauté gently. Transfer cooked fish and sautéed pear to serving plate.
- Wipe out pan, add butter, melt gently over a low heat until light brown, then add Jamón Serrano and cook gently just enough to warm through. Add lemon juice and pour over barramundi.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Fish
- Method: Pan fry
- Cuisine: Modern Australian