Fragrant chicken curry
This easy fragrant curry is a great weekend recipe crowd pleaser and was a hit at this week’s catering for Sue’s 70th. Make yourself and great curry paste of buy a prepared one and boost all the flavours with additional Asian ingredients. Bruise the lemongrass stalks with the end of the knife and tie into a knot for easy removal when serving.
8 skinless chicken thighs
2 tbsp macadamia oil
6 shallots, peeled, finely sliced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled, minced
1 tbsp fresh turmeric, peeled, minced
2-3 long red chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp red or yellow curry paste
6 kaffir lime leaves
2 lemongrass stalks, bruised, tied in a knot
1 can coconut milk
1 red capsicum, seeds removed, roughly chopped
1 eggplant, roughly chopped
1 corn cob, kernels only
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat until bubbling.
- Add shallots, ginger, turmeric, chilli and fry over medium-high heat.
- Add curry paste and toss through chicken, ensuring all meat is lightly browned.
- Add kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass knot and coconut milk.
- Reduce heat, add vegetables and simmer for about 30 minutes until curry has thickened slightly and fragrant.