Gravlax, minted pea, feta with mushrooms
This easy cafe style breakfast is just the ticket for your back pocket. Learn to make it in the comfort of your own home and save a few bob on breaky.
For the mushrooms
1 tsp macadamia oil
1 tsp butter
1 clove garlic, sliced
4 Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
2 sprigs thyme
For the puree
100 g fresh or frozen peas, cooked, drained
1 jar marinated goats cheese
1 tbsp mint, roughly chopped
For the salad
100 g gravlax or smoked salmon, finely sliced
1 cup bitter leaves – radiccio or rocket
Squeeze of lemon or lime
- Heat a heavy based fry pan with oil. Add butter, thyme and garlic.
- Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add mushroom and cooked until tender.
- In a blender, add 3/4 of the cooked peas, mint and feta.
- Lightly blitz into a puree, do not over process.
- In a large bowl, combine radicchio and/or rocket leaves and gravlax.
- On a large serving platter, spoon 3/4 of the pea puree and spread across the base of the plate.
- Fold remaining pea puree into mixed leaves and gravlax.
- Transfer to serving plate and arrange onto of the pea puree.
- Top with fresh dill, remaining peas and a squeeze of lime.