Green Goodness Soup for the Soul
This vibrant, trans-seasonal soup is the perfect pick-me-up for any rainy day or when you need a little bit of alkalinity in your cells. You can switch up the ingredients to use what you have on hand. be sure to add some soaked kelp – wakame, ogo nori or arame as this will boost the mineral content and create a natural thickening age due to the mucilaginous (slippery) properties of seaweed. Learn more about kelp here
1 head broccoli, trimmed, roughly chopped
1 bunch broccoli, trimmed, roughly chopped
1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
Handful cabbage leaves
½ bunch of mint, trimmed, roughly chopped
½ cup soaked kelp, drained
2 tablespoons vegan stock powder plus 1 litre water
or 1 litre your preferred stock
Salt, pepper, nutritional yeast as desired
Microherbs, broccolini stems, kelp to garnish
- Steam vegetables until just al dente. Allow to cool.
- Place all ingredients in a blender – *see note
- Season to taste, puree again until velvety smooth.
- Transfer to a medium size saucepan.
- Heat gently and season.
- Serve into ceramic bowls and garnish with peas, kelp or broccoli stems.
NOTE: *Ensure the vegetables are cool before pureeing otherwise the blender may explode and you could have a scene from a horror movie on your hands – and ceiling!