Here’s a man-sized BBQ idea, featuring Bangalow sweet pork. Use a robust honey that will survive the intense heat from the BBQ. Be careful not to let it burn! I’ve used a four point pork rack from Trevor Mead Quality Meats which will feed four hungry folk with a big chop each or no doubt up to six – if you’re keen to share. Enjoy, Sammy.Print
Honey Glazed BBQ Pork rack
- Total Time: 49 minute
- Yield: Serves 4
1.2kg / 4 point pork loin rack, scored, at room temp
40g coconut sugar
2 Tbsp brandy
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat the BBQ or oven to 220 C. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Score the pork skin all over in a criss-cross, diamond pattern, taking care not to cut into the meat.
- To make the glaze, put the coconut sugar, brandy, apple cider vinegar, Blazed chili honey glaze, salt and cinnamon into a saucepan.
Stir over a very low heat until you have a glossy syrup – about 5 minutes.
- Pour the glaze over the pork and marinate for 1 hour, turning every
- Place pork in baking dish skin side up and place in hot oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes, remove from oven.
*Do not let the crackle burn! Let it blister and turn light gold colour.
- Reduce oven to 180 C. or transfer to kettle BBQ.
- Bake or BBQ (lid down) 45 – 60 minutes until cooked to 145 C. in the centre of the meat.
*Use a meat thermometer for this important step.
- Remove from oven, rest for 10-15 minutes covered with tin foil to keep warm.
- Carefully carve rested meat.
- Prep Time: Prep 30 minutes + Marinate 1 hour
- Cook Time: Cook 1 hour + Rest 15 minutes