Did you know that gold kiwifruit is the richest source of vitamin C of all fruit? Gold kiwi fruit helps to enhance the integrity of the cell membranes, boost collagen production, and assists in the important absorption of iron. The fruit is high in soluble fibre making it an important ingredient for a healthy digestion and the low G.I. count ensures balanced energy throughout the day.
In addition, gold kiwifruit are great sources of soluble fibre contributing to enhanced digestive health by reducing the symptoms of bloating and improving the intestinal enzymes. This may help in natural resistance to illness due to an increased of beneficial bacteria and inhibition of harmful bugs. Sweet golden kiwi fruit also contain high levels of vitamin E compared to other fruits. These antioxidants help to promote all-important immune boosting activity, essential for the stimulation of cellular renewal and collagen production.
Eat your way to healthy skin with this Kiwifruit Trifle recipe.
This little ripper is packed full of fruit, add that to a complete protein seed like chia and you’ve got a nourishing, nutritionally dense breakfast or anytime snack.
The chia seed belongs to the mint family and helps repair the mucous membranes of the intestinal wall that may be depleted due to ulceration and inflammation. It is a complete protein as it contains nine amino acids. When combined with golden kiwifrut the nutrient value sky-rockets with all the goodness of vitamin C. A great start to the day.Print
Zespri SunGold kiwi chia parfait
- Prep Time: 20 mins + assembly
- Cook Time: 4 hours / overnight chill
- Total Time: 50 minute
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Vitamin C
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Diet: Gluten Free
4 tablespoons black chia seeds
1 cup water
2 SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean scraped
2 SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced for layering
1 tablespoon mint, washed, dried and finely chopped
1 cup coconut yoghurt
2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, crushed
Extra maple syrup for drizzling
- Soak chia in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, vanilla
- Add chia and blend until smooth in a food processor
- Layer the base of two balloon glasses with sliced SunGold Kiwifruit
- Distribute half the mixture between the glasses, layering mint and add more chia mixture. Then add a layer of coconut yoghurt
- Continue this process so you have two layers of chia and two layers of kiwifruit to create a trifle effect
- Set in fridge 4 hours or overnight
- Garnish with crushed macadamias and drizzle with maple syrup to serve