4 tablespoons black chia seeds
1 cup apple juice or water
2 SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean scraped
2 SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced for layering
1 tablespoon mint, washed, dried and finely chopped
1 cup coconut yoghurt
2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, crushed
Extra maple syrup for drizzling
- Soak chia in apple juice or water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, vanilla
- Add chia and blend until smooth in a food processor.
- Layer the base of two balloon glasses with sliced SunGold Kiwifruit.
- Distribute half the mixture between the glasses, layering mint and add more chia mixture. Then add a layer of coconut yoghurt.
- Continue this process so you have two layers of chia and two layers of kiwifruit to create a trifle effect
- Set in fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Garnish with crushed macadamias and drizzle with maple syrup to serve.
- Prep Time: 30 mins + assembly
- Cook Time: 1 hour chill
- Category: Vitamin C
- Cuisine: Plant Based