Here’s a delicious vegetarian flan, perfect for an easy week night dinner or weekend lunch.Print
Leek, mushroom and goat cheese tart
- Total Time: 48 minute
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon olive oil, 1 for greasing
2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and rinsed carefully to remove any dirt
16/450 g medium cremini or white mushrooms
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (defrosted according to package directions
225 g goat cheese
Micro herbs to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease a flan or pie dish lightly with oil, line with baking paper if desired.
- Using a mandoline or very sharp knife, cut leeks into paper-thin slices. Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat; add leeks and sauté until just tender but not brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and sauté until all residual liquid has reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Combine mixture with mushrooms and sauté together briefly, season with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat. Cool before loading into pastry.
- Place thawed puff pastry sheet into prepared flan or pie dish. Trim edges as desired.
- Break one egg into a small bowl, beat slightly, then brush edges of pastry with egg wash. Brush entire surface with remaining beaten egg wash. Prick the interior of the pastry all over with a fork. Bake until pale gold, about 10 minutes. If pastry has puffed up inside edge, press it down gently. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining eggs with goat cheese and blend until smooth. Spread onto the pastry and spread to fill. Return to oven and bake just until set, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and spread with mushroom-leek mixture.
- Crumble remaining cheese on top, bake for another 5 minutes, until warm and the cheese melted.
- Garnish with micro herbs and serve.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15-20 mins
- Category: Leeks
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Modern Australian