Paleo pecan, apple and coconut sliceHere’s a ripper of a weekend wonder! So easy, you can whip this little beauty up in around 15 minutes plus baking time. It is another one of those great recipes with ingredients that you’ll probably already have kicking around your pantry. Try pears instead of apples if you prefer. I hope you like this paleo pecan, apple and coconut slice.
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups coconut flour
1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup pecan nuts, roughly chopped
1 cup homemade almond milk
2 apples, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Grease or line a small baking tray or loaf tin with either butter or baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine dates and water and simmer gently until all liquid has dissolved – set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, pecans, and almond milk.
- Add date mixture and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tray or tin.
- Arrange apple slices on top and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for 45 minutes until apples soft and lightly browned.
- Allow to cool slightly or serve warm with your favourite topping.