Here’s a crunchy raw and Paleo activated rawnola recipe for you.
Gather the ingredients together over the weekend, make a batch then stash in the fridge behind the turkey, ham and other leftovers for Boxing Day breakfast when you roll out of bed wondering what on earth hit your head and belly.
Alternative you can enjoy as a great snack with either almond milk or my coconut yoghurt after the gym, yoga or long surf. Or blitz together with a few pitted Medjool dates and roll into balls for a sensational summer treat.
Soaking nuts and seeds helps to increase the individual water content. Once they are soaked for 4-8 hours depending on the nut or seed, strain off the soaking water. Pat dry with a paper towel and keep refrigerated to add to salads over summer.
To activate nuts and seeds, place the soaked nuts on to racks of a dehydrator. Dehydrate seeds for 8 hours or overnight. Larger nuts such as almonds will take about 48 hours to activate until they are crunchy.
Gowings Paleo rawnola
- 2 cups activated almonds, sliced lengthways if desired
- 2 cups activated buckwheat kernels
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 cup activated pepitas
- 1 cup activated sunflower seeds
- 1 cup organic cranberries, roughly chopped if desired
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl
- Transfer to a glass jar, seal and keep chilled for optimum freshness
A special offer for Bitter Sweet Sour readers…
Do yourself a festive favour and grab this tasty bundle of goodies now.
Buy the book, my exclusive Wellness Business Building 3 DVD set & the eBook