Put the 4 P’s into a winter warming salad this season for a sweet, nutty and nourishing accompaniment to any slow cooking, braise or roast. Also good with baked fish or just on its own as a light lunch. Crumble some fetta, blue or goats’ cheese through it, if that’s your thing.Print
Parsnip, pear, pecans & pomegranate
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Diet: Vegetarian
4 parsnips, scraped and cut into 3–4 cm batons
1 pear, cored, sliced
2/3 cup pecans, lightly toasted, roughly chopped
½ pomegranate, seeds only
1 teaspoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons orange infused olive oil
Cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Line baking tray with baking paper and add parsnips.
- Roast for approximately 20 minutes until tender.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Arrange cooked parsnips, pear slices and pecans on individual serving plates.
- Drizzle with dressing, pomegranate and freshly cracked black pepper.