Pine nuts are small seeds that come from the pine tree and have a sweet and nutty taste and are full of protein and healthy fats. We often use pine nuts as an ingredient in cooking, especially in Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and Asian cuisines. You can snack on pine nuts by themselves or add them to salads, pasta dishes, or pesto to give them a delicious flavor and texture.Print
Plant-based Pine Nut ‘Parmesan’
- Total Time: 24 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes 2 cups 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Crumble over a plant-based dish or salad to satisfy any Parmesan craving.
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups raw pine nuts
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon probiotic powder (2 capsules)
- Place the water, pine nuts, and salt in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Add the probiotic powder and blend briefly to mix.
- Spread the pine nut mixture thinly onto Teflex-lined dehydrator trays.
- Set the dehydrator to 105F / 40C and dehydrate until completely dry, about 24 hours.
- Snap into wafers for a very tasty snack or garnish or crush the Plant-based Pine Nut Parmesan by hand and store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
- It will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 hours
- Category: Plant-based
Keywords: Plant-based Pine Nut Parmesan