1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
1 x 20cm piece best quality pork loin, very finely sliced
80 ml hoisin sauce *recipe below
2–3 tsp toasted sesame oil
12 small Chinese pancakes *available in the freezer of Asian grocers
1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced into batons
6 spring onions, sliced lengthways
Prep 5 mins | Makes about 80 ml
2 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- In a skillet or wok heat oil. Add ginger and pork and stir fry until pork is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fold in hoisin sauce, and toasted sesame oil, set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the cucumber and slice spring onions.
- Separate pancakes, then lay a piece of cucumber and slice spring onion in the centre of each pancake. Top with cooked pork and hoisin mixture.
- Fold one side, then next and roll up from the base and arrange on a serving platter.
- Whisk to combine, Store in a sealed jar in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Pork
- Method: Pan fry
- Cuisine: Modern Australian