Primex returned to Casino, NSW in November over three fabulous, days. The Paddock To Plate pavilion showcased some of the region’s finest producers. Chefs Darren Robertson of Three Blue Ducks, Mindy Woods from Karkalla, and my good self presented a varied daily menu as part of Nourish Food Fest sharing a variety of food experiences utlising locally produced foods and products, creating the connection between farmers and foodies.
More than 10,000 people flooded through the gates for the final day of Norco Primex 2022 on Saturday to support the region’s agricultural and primary industry communities. Primex has again proven its ability to overcome the adversity of natural disasters and the challenges faced to bounce back with a near-capacity event. Hot on the heels of this year’s success Primex Field Days Director Bruce Wright is looking forward to the next event scheduled 11-13 May, 2023.
This recipe celebrates local lamb from Smith’s Butchery in Casino who also offer a huge range of options, including gluten-free and 100% certified organic beef from local supplier Mara Organic Beef. A jolly good dose of Weyhill Farm garlic salt completed the dish.Print
Sammy’s Primex recipe Smith’s lamb with pomegranate and goat cheese
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: Serves 4
2 x 180g lamb loin, boneless
2 tsp macadamia oil
2 cups assorted lettuce leaves, washed well and patted dry
1 cup watercress, loosely packed, washed well and patted dry
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
½ cup mint leaves, torn
1 tbsp preserved lemon, very finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses or balsamic glaze
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Weyhill Farm garlic salt or another finishing salt
3 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
½ cup pomegranate kernels
- Preheat the BBQ to very hot, rub lamb loin with macadamia oil and grill for about 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the lamb and your preference. Add asparagus to the BBQ for about 5 minutes after adding the lamb and and cook the asparagus for about 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the grill, rest and keep warm or cool completely if serving on a very hot day, just as it was on that day.
*Be sure to keep an eye on it if you prefer medium rare (note that my rested lamb was medium-well by the time I took the pic!).
- Meanwhile, whisk dressing ingredients in a large bowl, toss in the leaves, watercress, asparagus, mint and preserved lemon. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Slice lamb and tuck amongst the leaves then scatter with garlic salt, goat cheese and pomegranate kernels.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10-15 mins
- Category: Lamb
- Method: BBQ
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.