I’ve been in Melbourne over the weekend teaching my Organic Superfoods Masterclass and shooting an amazing new wellness project for TV with my good friend Nat Kringoudis (gorgeous in gold) and two new BFFs, Jess Ainscough (in red) and Melissa Ambrosini (next to me). The show is called HealthTALKS and I invite you all to like our Facebook page so you can keep up to date with the latest tips and tricks for great health.
I taught this recipe at the Masterclass and we also filmed it for the show, so stay tuned for that. It’s my version of my mate Andy McConnell’s recipe which comes with corned duck at his new restaurant called Moon Under Water in the Builders Arms Hotel, right around the corner from my old pub the Grace Darling Hotel in Collingwood.
I loved the idea of shaved Brussels sprouts so much that they now appear on our Surf Spa Food menu each winter so I’ve healthed it up a bit. Let me know if you like it by leaving a comment below.
Raw Brussels sprouts slaw with prune dressing
10 baby organic Brussels sprouts
2 small Lebanese cucumbers
4 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 cup assorted sprouts
1 tablespoons activated pepitas
Prune dressing 200g pitted prunes
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 lime, zest and juice 200ml Brookfarm lemon myrtle macadamia oil
- Finely shave the Brussels sprouts on a mandolin or as fine as possible using a knife
- Slice cucumbers into very thin discs. Peel and finely slice shallots
- Add the cucumber, shallots and parsley, sprouts and pepitas to Brussels sprouts and toss well – set aside
- Place prunes in a pot of water and simmer for 10–15 minutes or until completely soft
- Once soft, strain the prunes and then puree prunes in a blender with remaining dressing ingredients. Spoon alongside slaw or toss through