Who would have ever believed that something so healthy could taste so damn fine?! I guarantee that you will just love these sweet rich treats.
But go easy, one a day is more than enough!
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
2 cups pecans
2½ cups Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup raw cacao
1 cup activated almonds, roughly chopped
Pinch Murray River or other good salt
- Grease a baking tray about 20 cm x 15 cm with melted coconut oil and line with baking paper. Set aside
- Place pecans in a food processor and blitz until the nuts are finely ground
- Add the cacao and salt, then pulse to combine
- Add the dates one at a time until you have a crumble like texture
- Add almonds and blitz a little more
- Press the mixture firmly into the lined baking tray. Chill for at least 1 hour until ready to cut. *Needs to be very cold so as to keep the shape of each brownie. Cut into 2cm by 2cm squares
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Use within seven days