Rockin’ Women Wednesdays – Candice Briggs
As a wellness professional you know that when life gets in the way of your fitness you either surrender and go pear-shaped or you suck it up, train hard and bend well. Just as every mentor needs a mentor, every active person needs a qualified motivational fitness expert to lead them out of rest pose and into the world of the fighting fit. For some it’s a gradual transition, for me it’s usually all or nothing. Yoga intensives, interval training, intermittent fasting and Paleo eating are always part of my get back in the saddle routine. Go hard or go home as they say!
Byron Bay local Candice Briggs is an expert in the trade. Petit and beautiful inside and out, Candice radiates a compassionate heart brighter than our iconic lighthouse. Her personal trainer journey grew from being a sickly kid in and out of hospital with respiratory ailments to blossom into a competitive swimmer. Armed with a strong sense of purpose, her life’s mission is to motivate, challenge and transform the lives of her clients and those who surround her. This gives her the greatest joy.
Candice has just returned from a six-week globe-trotting trip and her post about travelling essentials is one of the best I’ve read. Take a look
Take a few moments to watch Courageous Candice
What’s your survival food when you’re working late in your business?
- A handful of almonds & a lady finger banana
- Steamed vegetables & boiled eggs
What’s your healthy go-to comfort food – either at home or in a restaurant?
- Sarah Wilson’s Almond Butter Bark
- Grain Free Banana Bread with lashings of butter – recipe below
- Roasted cauliflower & sweet potato with guacamole
Do you have a secret remedy that keeps your body in shape?
I swim in the ocean most mornings… no matter how absurdly cold it is! It is the greatest way to wake up, clear out the cob webs and start your day fresh & vibrant – works every time
I do a little floor fitness routine – see it here. It only takes 15-20 minutes and I make time for it every day. I find this keeps me in a highly productive “take action” state, creating a flow on effect! The rest of the exercise I do is a bonus
I also carry around apple cider vinegar or chlorophyll in my water bottle
A recipe from Candice
The Best Ever Gluten/Grain Free Banana Bread
3-4 smashed bananas
3 free range eggs
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
60 grams of cold pressed coconut oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon aluminium free baking powder + ½ juice of a lemon
200 grams almond meal
2 tablespoons chia seeds
¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 160 C.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together (except baking powder)
- Melt the coconut oil on the stove
- Mash the banana’s with a fork or food processor
- Add the baking powder to the lemon juice and stir (it should fizz)
- Mix all the ingredients in together using a food processor or elbow grease
- Pour in to a loaf tin & wait for the delicious aromas to waft through your house…
- Bake for 45-60 mins
- Serve warm with a cup of herbal tea, it’s like a warm hug on a cold day!