Sammy’s Anti Viral Lemon Aid
You’ll need a high-speed blender for this recipe – a Vitamix is ideal.
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1 litre aprox. 1x
- Category: Immunity
- Cuisine: Food as medicine
- Diet: Vegan
2 organic lemons, quartered, skin on, pith on
2 awesome organic apples, quartered, pips n bits n all!
750ml coconut water, preferably out of a young, fresh Thai coconut
4 cloves garlic, or 2 cloves Russian garlic, peeled
2cm piece ginger, skin on, organic
2cm piece turmeric, skin on, organic
½ bunch of mint, roughly chopped
¼ cup sunflower sprouts
1 tablespoon organic raw honey
1 heaped teaspoon organic coconut oil
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
½ teaspoon organic turmeric powder
Pinch good salt
- Place all ingredients in a very robust, high speed blender.
- Process on high speed until ultra smooth or creamy and serve immediately.
Here’s what to do with a pesky cold or flu.
- Go home. Rest. Sleep! Put your feet up, you’re worth it!
- Drink lots of fluids – coconut water, herbal tea, bone broth, lemon and hot water
- Avoid sugar – in all forms, dried fruit, cane sugar, maple, agave – and avoid the grog
- Supplement with Vitamin C, Echinacea and Zinc.
Continue for up to 5 days after the symptoms resolve
- Get on that ginger and/or turmeric train
- Sweat it out
Prevention is better than cure.
How long does it take to produce an antibody?
Antibody production enhances immunity when next in contact with that infection.
It takes 5 days to produce an antibody to an infection.
To prevent colds or flu in the first place look after your immunity
- Eat breakfast
- Exercise moderately
- Manage your stress, and look after yourself in times of greater stress
- Enjoy your hobbies and pastimes
- Work moderate hours
- Cultivate a positive mental attitude
- Eat a well balanced diet with immune enhancing foods such as garlic, vegetables and fruit