These no bake, rich cacao and nut butter hearts are a perfect little pick me up. Great for Valentine’s Day or keep a stash in the freezer.
Fancy superfood raw fudge hearts
1 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons mesquite powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Murray River or sea salt
1/2 cup creamy Gowings BAM nut butter at room temperature – see below
1/2 cup cacao butter, melted
1/2 cup raw agave or organic maple syrup
1 tablespoon organic vanilla powder or essence or 2 vanilla beans, scraped
Raw cacao icing
2 tablespoons cacao butter
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
Gowings BAM nut better
Eequal amounts of brazil nuts, almonds and macadamias
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl,
- In a food processor add the BAM butter, maple syrup and vanilla then pulse until just blended
- Finely chop the cocoa butter and melt over a low heat until melted. Do not burn!
- Add cacao butter to the food processor with the nut butter/maple mix. Pulse until very smooth.
- Pour over the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- The mixture will form a dough that should resemble raw cookie mixture.
- Press into 12-24 heart shaped silicone moulds ensuring the dough mixture is well packed so no air bubbles form.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour to set. Carefully pop out onto a wire rack and then ice as below.
- Keep stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to four weeks.Gowings BAM nut better
- Combine equal amounts of brazil nuts, almonds and macadamias in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
Raw cacao icing
- Melt the cocoa butter, add the agave and cocoa powder and whisk gently over a very low heat until smooth and glossy.
- Carefully coat the bottom of each heat with icing, turn upside down and allow to set on a wire rack.
- Chill as soon as you have completed icing all hearts and then serve or keep well chilled.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: Chill 1 hour
- Category: Plant-based
- Cuisine: Sweet Treats