Six Senses Laamu’s Pumpkin Flatbread & Tropical Toppers!
Dolphins swim along the seashell dappled shores of Six Senses Laamu. True story! I have seen them with my own scuba diving eyes! There must have been at least 40 of these frolicking friends when I ascended from my first ocean dive in over a decade, thanks to the good folks at Ocean Dimensions here in the Maldives.
Six Senses Laamu is the only resort in Laamu Atoll and just five degrees north of the Equator. We snorkel in Laamu’s coral rich house reef among Oriental Sweetlips, parrotfish and even green turtles. Before I fly out I hope to brave the wave at Yin Yang, the Maldives’ most famous surfing break just offshore.
But it’s not all duck diving and wave riding, I’m here for the food! Both mine – for two special dinners here at Leaf Restaurant – and the work of incredible team led by Executive Chef Martin below.
Pumpkin Flatbread with Maldivian flavours & raw Caesar dressing
2 cups of flax seed
2 cups water
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chopped thyme
1 tblspn pumpkin seed
½ cup macadamia nuts
1 pumpkin peeled, seeded and grated
1 tspn liquid aminos
1 tblspn raw cider vinegar
- Mix together the seeds and water and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Soak the nuts in water and blend.
- In a large bowl, Add the seeds, nuts, shredded pumpkin honey, seasoning and thyme and mix well.
- Spread onto a drying tray for the dehydrator in a mould.
- After 6 hours trim the edges while still soft.
- Dry again for another 12-16 hours until crisp, keep in a dry sealed container.
- Top the dried pumpkin seed cracker with a selection of the following:
- Diced fresh tomato, sliced avocado, mango, pineapple, sliced peppers, picked fresh oregano and basil leaves.
- Drizzle with a little of our ‘Raw Caesar dressing’.
Raw Caesar dressing
60 ml coconut cream
20 gm. cashew nuts
10 gm. miso paste
10 gm. garlic
5 ml apple vinegar
2 ml lime juice
- Blend until smooth and creamy.