Here’s a healthy, low-calorie quick and tasty chicken dinner. You can marinate in advance and freeze in batches.Print
Smoky lemon chicken and broccoli HCG Diet
- Total Time: 29 minute
- Yield: Serves 2
- Diet: Low Calorie
Here’s a healthy, low-calorie, fat-free recipe that is a quick and tasty chicken dinner. You can marinate the chicken in advance and freeze in batches.
2 lemons, juice of 2, zest of 1
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp smoked salt, plus extra to serve. I use Olssons Red Gum Smoked Salt
1/4 tsp cumin powder
2 chicken thighs, skin off, excess fat removed, sliced
1/2 small head broccoli, broken into small florets
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- In a mixing bowl combine lemon juice and zest, coriander, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, onion powder, cumin powder and smoked salt.
- Add chicken and toss well to coat, marinate at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and then discard the marinade.
- Transfer marinated chicken to an oven-proof dish, glass is ideal as it will allow the chicken to caramelise from the residual marinade. Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the chicken pieces. The marinate will make the chicken tender, so do not worry that it will dry out.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan with a fitted lid, insert a steamer basket or colander, then add enough water to come to the base of the steamer basket. Add the broccoli, bring the pot to the boil and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, allow to rest for a minute, season with smoked salt then combine with steamed broccoli.
- Transfer to serving bowls and season with more chilli and pepper as desired.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Pan fry
- Cuisine: HCG Diet
- Serving Size: 2