A fun trip to Sydney to present these delicious recipes on Studio 10 TV.
Summer beetroot and fig ‘carpaccio’
1 large beetroot, peeled and very finely sliced
2 ripe figs, finely sliced (peeled if preferred)
1/4 Spanish onion, peeled finely sliced
1/4 pomegranate, seeds only
1 tablespoon pepitas
1/2 cup assorted fresh sprouts
1/2 cup mint, lightly torn
1/2 lemon, zest only
1 lime, juice only
3–4 drops rosewater
150 ml extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Carefully slice beetroot using a mandolin.
- Carefully place onto a platter.
- Layer figs with Spanish onion, pomegranate seeds and sprouts.
- Scatter with mint and lemon zest.
- Whisk juice with rosewater, oil, pepper and salt together and drizzle over salad.
Watermelon ‘Pizza’ with Black Betty Bam
1 slice watermelon, skin on, cut into 4–6 quarters pending on size
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
4 slices prosciutto
1/4 cup basil, leaves torn
1 tablespoon Black Betty Bam crumbled
1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1/2 lime, juice only
- Place watermelon on a serving plate.
- Arrange feta cheese, prosciuttoand basil on watermelon slices.
- Add Black Betty Bam and scatter with macadamia nuts.
- Add a squeeze of lime and enjoy.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.