Seared tofu with Black Betty Bam
The pretty plant-based plate is as easy as 1, 2, B! Add a pinch of Black Betty Bam to give you a rich umami flavour bomb.
2 tablespoons tamari
I dessertspoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
½ lime, zest and juice
½ teaspoon grated ginger
200 grams firm organic tofu, sliced into 2 cm thick slabs
1–2 teaspoons macadamia oil
½ head broccoli broken up into flowerettes, steamed until al dente
1 cup green beans, split lengths, steamed until al dente
1 tablespoon assorted bean sprouts (mung, snow pea shoots)
2 radishes, very finely sliced
1 tablespoon ogonori, wakame or combo seaweed, rinsed, snipped
1 tablespoon Black Betty Bam
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon macadamia oil
- Combine tamari, mirin, juice and zest, ginger in a medium sized bowl.
- Add tofu slabs and marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak seaweed in warm water 10 minutes, drain, pat dry with paper towel.
- Finely shred or snip seaweed into fine strands.
- Heat a skillet on high, add macadamia oil.
- Lightly sear marinated tofu for 3 minutes either side.
- Steam greens, then combine with remaining salad ingredients.
- Add seared tofu and combine gently.
- Place small amounts of Black Betty Bam around each plate.
- Drizzle with a thread of macadamia oil and scatter sesame seeds to serve.
Made in Australia by Chef & Nutritionist Samantha Gowing using certified organic ingredients where possible. Spread on your favourite bread, crackers, rice cakes or serve with raw or steamed vegetables.
Ingredients: Organic Black Unhulled Tahini, Organic Tamari (Organic Whole Soybeans, Water, Sea Salt, Alcohol), Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Nutritional Yeast, Australian Red Gum Smoked Sea Salt. Contains Soybean, Sesame Seeds. Store Refrigerated (1-5°C)